On 7/14/2004 3:11 PM Randy W. Sims wrote:

The spec doesn't currently provide for keywords. I do think it would be a good idea, BUT I think it needs to be done in a way to avoid abuse.
> I'd hate to see META.yml files grow by the kb as authors add every
> conceivable keyword they can think of and try to manipulate the search.

I think we shouldn't worry about abuse. Module authors don't have the same incentives to manipulate searches the way web site operators might.

I do think if keywords are specified (I like the idea), that a guidelines document should be written to advise module authors on listing keywords. A list of common keywords and what they mean would be helpful.

Keywords can be given a maximum size (say 1kb). Module::(Build|Install) utilities and PAUSE/CPAN indexers can ignore extra keywords above that limit.




Reply via email to