On Sat, Jul 17, 2004 at 11:40:02AM -0500, Ken Williams wrote:
> Well, I actually don't think we need a place for keywords *anywhere*, 
> but if we have them somewhere, then yeah, I do think it's good to be 
> able to see them in the pod.  Something like they are here (random 
> academic paper in my field):
> 
>  http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~yiming/papers.yy/kdd02.pdf.gz

I think having them in the POD is nice but that makes them a little harder
for the indexer to extract them. Having them inserted into the POD at build
time might be a better option.

I think the need for keywords is there on CPAN just as it is for academic
papers. How sophisticated would the full-test based search engine have to be
to understand that "this module requires an XML parser" should not be a hit
for "XML parser"? Or that "this module does not yet support HTTPS" is not a
hit for "HTTPS"?

F

Reply via email to