# The following was supposedly scribed by
# Baltasar Cevc
# on Tuesday 03 August 2004 11:42 am:

>The goal of the two modules is to fascilitate the creation of a
>modularized script, daemon etc.,

Is it specific to servers (Server::Pluggable & Server::Pluggable::Plugin) ?

How is it different from OpenPlugin, Template::Plugin, Object::Meta::Plugin,
or Module::Pluggable?

Also, there are a lot of *::Plugin modules, but those seem to typically use
MyApp::Plugin names.  Is this Script::Generic::Plugin?

>so that should be somehow stessed -
>more of plugin and less of module... when I searched the web and CPAN
>for some similar solution, I haven't found Module::Pluggable, for
>example - because my focus was on modularizing/creating plugins, not on
>Perl modules.
>I admit that I've missed the plugin point, too...

It's important that your module offers something that existing modules don't
and that it is something that people need.  Barring a "perfect fit"
namespace, what name would you give it that would differentiate it on both of
these criteria?

>But back to the first two questions: from the two answers, I assume
>that this at least isn't completely uninteresting, but worth uploading
>it - am I right here?

Depending on the answers to the above, it seems like it could be useful.  That
depends on exactly what it does and how it does it.  But, as the author of
several useless modules, I can't say whether you should or shouldn't post
it :-)

--Eric
--
"The genius of you Americans is that you never make clear-cut
stupid moves, only complicated stupid moves which make us