On Mon, Aug 23, 2004 at 04:11:33PM -0400, Robert Rothenberg wrote:
>   It would be a lot of work to implement a workflow system (I wish I had the
>   time....), but once it's implemented, the approval work could be

Your honesty with "I wish I had the time" illustrates the problem here.
[and the following isn't personal, but for the list as a whole:]

Talk is cheap. Sadly none of this will get done unless someone with
sufficient desire to do this creates themselves the time and does it.

There is nothing stopping anyone on this list prototyping their own
improved substitute for search.cpan.org. (although it helps if you have
a public facing webserver if you want to show it to others).

Yet no-one does.

Until someone does, nothing will change. No-one on this list is preventing
anyone from trying this.

Nicholas Clark