* Khemir Nadim <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [2004-08-27 12:35]:
> So my question boild down to this. Where do we put development,
> dependencies, dev tools, build systems. What ever is suggested
> I'll have hell of a time going through all the code and change
> it (yes I do have a bunch of PBS::XX::YY::Sub() because I don't
> specialy like the, very absurd, poluting policy modules have)

I think you're not asking the right question yet. A dependency
solver is not something useful purely for development. You can
use it in a lot of generation tasks that don't involve source
code.

The question I'd ask is, is there established Computer Science
terminology for the problem a dependency solver addresses? That
probably requires determining what kind of field the problem
falls into. I have a hunch that that would be AI.

I admit I have been too lazy to attempt answering the question
myself, so I resorted to explaining how I would go about it. :-)

Aristotle
"If you can't laugh at yourself, you don't take life seriously enough."