On Tue, 26 Oct 2004, _brian_d_foy wrote:
In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, Smylers
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I think the opposite -- that DBIx:: should be for things that are
generally usable with DBI, where the "I" is independent.  Things such as
backing up tend not to be database-independent.

if we work it right, DBIx::Backup could be independent, while DBIx::Backup::MySQL implements the MySQL bits. :)

Exactly. If DBIx::Backup::MySQL has a clean interface it might even inspire a generic DBIx::Backup and become the MySQL implementation of DBIx::Backup and spark a revolution in database administration. :)

--
</chris>

There are two ways of constructing a software design. One way is to make
it so simple that there are obviously no deficiencies. And the other way
is to make it so complicated that there are no obvious deficiencies.
 -- C.A.R. Hoare