On Sat, Nov 06, 2004 at 12:29:23AM +0000, Smylers wrote:

> Nonetheless I feel it would be worth doing this for anything completely
> independent.  It may be a little more hassle for you to release a few
> separate distros rather than one -- but it would be a lot more hassle
> for a potential user who just wants your DateTime or URI module to have
> to grab the entire suite.
>
> More to the point they are unlikely to be noticed as part of a suite, so
> your work won't get the attention and usage they deserve, and it's more
> likely that somebody else will repeat them (only slightly different, and
> incompatibly) elsewhere.

I can second this. When I found Data::FormValidator, it was only
distributed as part of a larger framework...I didn't want the larger
framework, I just wanted the form validation. This module was not well
known at the time. Since Data::FormValidator has been released on it's
own, there's been a lot more activity around it.

I've also released a project that sounds more like the scale of yours.
The "small modules" I've released end up getting hacked on a lot more by
others, who returns the improvements to me. So the extra effort to
release bits separately has definitely paid off.

        Mark

--
http://mark.stosberg.com/