Dear Sir or Madam,

It has recently come to my attention that ActiveState does not supply PPMs for
CPAN modules that use Module::Build in their build process.  I have received a
support request for one of the CPAN modules that I maintain asking me not to
have dependencies on modules that use Module::Build.  This places me in an
uncomfortable position.

Why has ActiveState decided to isolate their ActivePerl users from a growing
fraction of the CPAN?  Is this a technical or business decision?  If it's
technical, would ActiveState like some help from the Perl community?  Will
there ever be PPMs for modules that use Module::Build?  Why doesn't this issue
appear in the ActivePerl bug tracker?

Cheers,

-J