On Mon, 8 Nov 2004, Yitzchak Scott-Thoennes wrote:

Do you know if the source to CPANrun is available?  My impression was
that it was DateTime::Locale's "compatibility" Makefile.PL that was
firing up CPAN to get Module::Build, not CPANrun doing it.

That's sort of truew. Module::Build doesn't invoke CPAN itself. There _is_ an option to generate a Makefile.PL like that using Module::Build::Compat.

OTOH, for most users this only has to be done once. I'd list Module::Build as a simple prereq but since prereqs are defined in the build script itself, that can't work.

-dave

VegGuide.Org
Your guide to all that's veg.