On Tue, 7 Dec 2004, Christopher Hicks wrote:

> I don't care about Oracle or any of the rest.  Making this work with PG
> and MySQL will solve 90% of the world's problems.  I don't see why it
> couldn't be extended to include whatever parameters where necessary for
> any of the proprietary databases, but if not could somebody explain how?

I thought the inspiration for this module started because of Sybase
connectivity.  If you're only going to try to accomodate 90% of all of the
databases, then you're just going to get another guy out there that wants
to fix the remaining 10%.  I work with Oracle 91 RAC databases myself.

Either way, does this traffic need to be replicated on both dbi-users and
module-authors??  I would think the DBI list would supercede the other.

Christopher Josephes
[EMAIL PROTECTED]