Hi all,

I'm about to release "Aliased" to the CPAN.  Yeah, it's a root level
name, but it will soon become clear why it needs to be short.

SYNOPSIS:

  use Aliased 'Really::Long::Module::Name';
  use Aliased 'Really::Long::Conflicting::Module::Name' as "MName";
  use Aliased 'Another::Silly::Example' import => [qw/foo bar baz/];

  # my $name = Really::Long::Module::Name->new;
  my $name = Name->new;

  # my $mname = Really::Long::Conflicting::Module::Name->new
  my $mname = MName->new;

  # my $wibble = Another::Silly::Example->constructor.
  my $wibble = Example->constructor;

Basically, when you have long package names, it can be cumbersome to
retype the package name all the time.  This module allows you to skip
that if the subroutines are called as methods.  It exports a subroutine
into your namespace that is the desired alias for the module.  Having
used something similar in a large system, I found that having this
feature became quite addictive.

Since this affects compile-time behavior, it seemed more appropriate to
think of this as a pragma and have "use aliased" but I know that some
frown on that (of course, Ingy released "only" and I didn't hear any
complaints.)

Is "Aliased" a good name?  Is "aliased" better?  Am I overlooking
anything?

Cheers,
Ovid

=====