"Ken Williams" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> On Jan 5, 2005, at 3:29 PM, Graciliano M. P. wrote:
>
>> You should compress the data and than append it with __DATA__ or as
>> a string
>> saved with Base64 to avoid binary errors.
>
> I think not - then you'd have to decompress it every time you used the
> module.  Just gzip it and put it on whatever distribution site you
> choose (which may or may not be CPAN) and then users will decompress
> before installation.

Why not just leave it uncompressed, and let the compression of the
whole package into Geo-PostalCode-US-0.1.tar.gz take care of
compressing it?  Otherwise I'd end up with a gzip file inside of a
gzip file---no extra compression, and I have to require an extra
module to uncompress it on the client side.

-----ScottG.