Andrew Savige wrote:
--- Ovid wrote:

Perhaps this is a silly question that I should know the answer to, but
is there a "canonical" url I can list for a module and always have that
point to the latest version?  Right now, my choices seem to be:

 http://search.cpan.org/~$AUTHOR/$MODULE-$VERSION/

Or the awful search URL which returns too many results:

 http://search.cpan.org/search?query=${MODULE}&mode=module

I really feel like I should know this (grr ...)

From the late Iain Truskett's use.perl journal
http://use.perl.org/~koschei/journal/13493
Given a dist: DateTime::Format::HTTP

These are all the same page:

http://search.cpan.org/dist/DateTime-Format-HTTP http://search.cpan.org/author/SPOON/DateTime-Format-HTTP http://search.cpan.org/~spoon/DateTime-Format-HTTP http://search.cpan.org/~spoon/DateTime-Format-HTTP-0.34

And to go straight to the module's docs:

http://search.cpan.org/perldoc?DateTime::Format::HTTP

Further to Iain's list above, this seems to be an alternative
way to go to the module docs:

http://search.cpan.org/dist/DateTime-Format-HTTP/lib/DateTime/Format/HTTP.pm

If anyone knows of any others, please let us know.

In addition to those listed...

Modules by author:

  http://search.cpan.org/~ovid/
  http://search.cpan.org/author/OVID/

Any file in a specific dist:

  http://search.cpan.org/src/OVID/aliased-0.11/t/10aliased.t

or any directory in a specific dist:

  http://search.cpan.org/src/OVID/aliased-0.11/t/

A specific dist:

  http://search.cpan.org/dist/aliased-0.11/

I use /dist/ all the time, but rarely use /author/ and /src/ directly.

Randy.