Sam Vilain wrote:
Note that you need to set "ftp_firewall" if you have a true FTP
firewall, or more likely if you're setting something like
ftp_proxy=http://proxy:3128/
---
        Yep.

 Net::FTP can't do that itself, but LWP should DTRT
once it's installed.
===
Yeah, was having trouble getting LWP to install on a cygwin build.
They've changed directory structures since they started and that
messed some things up with me having old config values in MyConfig--
and I still can't get Win32 to build on cygwin-on-Win32 (I just wanted
to play with the registry).

Might it not be "useful" if Net::FTP could use an ftp_proxy, transparently,
if one was set in the environment?

Rumor has it that it is fixed "next release" of Win32...

I was thinking it might be nice to have the Win32 modules build
on linux for use in Wine type environments...

Unlike most people in the linux world, I don't think the concept of
a single per-user/per system registry would be a bad thing if done
right -- all the little config files/rc files sitting around on volumes
with large allocation block sizes and wasting a large amount of
filespace...  If done "right", could make moving setups between systems
easier...

-linda