# The following was supposedly scribed by
# A. Pagaltzis
# on Thursday 16 June 2005 05:00 am:

>As for the “'foo!' => \$foo” thing I misunderstood your example
>(I thought you were pointing out a bug or ommission) because I
>*expect* the exact behaviour that you say is “non-strict”.

This seems to be a common reaction?  Why?

You wouldn't say

  --foo --no-foo

if you just meant

  --no-foo

Would you?

It also seems to be a programmerly reaction, which leads me to the
thought that maybe the name I want is Getopt::User because the primary
design goal is to present the user with predictable option processing.

Please see this essay
http://scratchcomputing.com/svn/Getopt-Modern/trunk/data/notes/why_order_matters.txt

--Eric
--
Minimum wage help gives you minimum service.
                                            -- David Schomer