Ken Williams wrote:

On Jul 28, 2005, at 6:26 PM, Randy W. Sims wrote:

As far as distinguishing, there a lot of talk in the past in the context of Apache2 about adding a field ("generation") which serves basically the same purpose - It distinguishes between multiple code bases intended for different targets.

Personally I really don't like the idea of the "generation" field. I think it's too strict a mechanism for a nebulous notion.

Doh! I guess that was kind of a dumb idea since we already have

requires:
  perl: 6.0

in META.yml which works perfectly well for that.