On Aug 13, 2005, at 12:25 PM, Ovid wrote:

--- Mark Stosberg <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On Sat, Aug 13, 2005 at 07:27:56AM -0500, Ken Williams wrote:
Before discounting it, have you measured the actual resource impact?

I would hope it would be fairly minimal, in it's mode of disabling

http://search.cpan.org/~drolsky/Params-Validate-0.78/lib/Params/ Validate.pm#DISABLING_VALIDATION

Looking at the first sentence of that section:

  If the environment variable PERL_NO_VALIDATION is set
  to something true, then validation is turned off. This
  may be useful if you only want to use this module during
  development but don't want the speed hit during production.

So if I want to avoid the performance impact of Params::Validate, I
have to not do what I want to do.

I wasn't asking about P::V's disabled mode (I never use that either), I was asking if you actually know its performance hit is too much in its enabled mode. Have you benchmarked?

 -Ken