On Aug 24, 2005, at 7:46 AM, Ken Williams wrote:

On Aug 22, 2005, at 2:07 PM, Andy Lester wrote:

RJBS and I are going to put some tests into Module::Starter to check for
boilerplate.  Watch for it tomorrow, maybe tonight.

Personally I still don't think that's the best place for it. Why make all the people who *download* your module check something that should be checked at "make dist" time?

Did people not like the idea of putting these checks as plugins into Module::Release?

I strongly suspect that the people who use Module::Release are not the ones uploading modules with boilerplate. Putting the test in Module::Release is a good idea, but it would not abate the primary problem under discussion.

Chris
--
Chris Dolan, Software Developer, Clotho Advanced Media Inc.
608-294-7900, fax 294-7025, 1435 E Main St, Madison WI 53703

Clotho Advanced Media, Inc. - Creators of MediaLandscape Software (http://www.media-landscape.com/) and partners in the revolutionary Croquet project (http://www.opencroquet.org/)