On Wed, 19 Oct 2005, Spencer Ogden wrote:

> Requiring user input for testing is probably not a good idea. All of the
> sudden you now have to validate the input data as well before you can test
> your own code. Then you need to test you validation code, etc.
>
> This article may suggest a solution:
> http://www.perl.com/pub/a/2005/04/07/mockobject_kata.html
>
> Just fake it.

Thanks for the suggestion, but consider also: The whole mock object thing
would also need a thorough testing itself, making it even more complex.
Also, supposing the site that I am connecting to changed their responses,
I'd never know, since I'm only testing against a mock-up of it.

I'd agree if the thing I was connecting to was under my control, but it
isn't.

Jess