And Xavier Noria did write:

On Nov 19, 2005, at 10:31, Xavier Noria wrote:

On Nov 19, 2005, at 9:48, David Landgren wrote:

And Xavier Noria did write:

[...]

I've had a long look at Math::Combinatorics, and while it could be used to generate a power set, it would take a certain amount of make-work code.

Well, with Algorithm::Combinatorics, which I know better, you'd  just do:

Argh! I wish you'd been less modest yesterday and pimped your module harder. I wasted a certain amount of time with M::C. I think shied away from A::C merely because of the "Algorithm" in the name.

In any event, the documentation is a delight to read, and it's immediately obvious how to use it, even if combinatorics is not your (my) forte.

    my @power_set = ();
    push @power_set, combinations([EMAIL PROTECTED], $_) for [EMAIL PROTECTED];

I want to be more explicit there, just in case.

I don't mean that since the power set can be computed that way there's no room for your module. And, of course, the fact that Algorithm::Combinatorics is mine is anecdotal, I would provide the same feedback if the module was from someone else (as I did with Math::Combinatorics).

I just wanted to say that there exist modules to compute the power set in a short albeit indirect way, so you take an informed decision. If you decide that you'd like to provide an explicit, clear way to construct power sets with a dedicated module that's fine and makes sense!

Ok, I'll go ahead then.

Thanks for your input (love your domain name, btw :),
David
--
"It's overkill of course, but you can never have too much overkill."