* Chuck Fox <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [2007-02-08 23:10]:
> Given the fact that the module contains a swastika, one must
> suppose that this code breaks German law.

That alone does not mean it breaks German law, no. It does break
German law in more ways than one because free speech in Germany
is qualified by a number of lesser laws prohibiting hate speech
and incitement of the people against others. And the display of
the swastika in it is definitely unlawful in Germany, but that is
because of the context in which it appears and the intent of the
display, not merely because of the symbol itself.

(Just to clarify a bit, since I have the impression that a lot of
Americans think this aspect of German law is much broader than it
really is, to the point that some think it censorship. It is no
more so than the prohibition from yelling “fire!” in a crowded
place.)