Jonathan Rockway wrote:
Hi all,

I noticed search.cpan is acting differently now (probably due to the HOOO perl fiasco). Were these changes discussed anywhere publicly before they were made? I'm interested in a full list of changes, so I don't have to guess what they are. (I'm a /little/ upset since DBIC developer releases are missing, modules I own in the modulelist are showing up as ** UNAUTHORIZED RELEASE **, modules are missing from search results, different mirrors are behaving differently, etc.)

Also, I can't seem to find the search.cpan source. Could someone provide a pointer to it?

search.cpan is not an "official" perl.org as such.

It's written and owned by Graham, and blessed with the domain name as the best implementation of this functionality.

As for your unauthorized release, they are because you made unauthorized releases :)

You released modules without getting permissions on all of the namespaces.

I suggest you rectify the problem and do an authorized release :)

Adam K