On Wed, Mar 26, 2008 at 12:42:48PM -0400, Ricardo SIGNES wrote:
> * Hans Dieter Pearcey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [2008-03-26T12:01:55]
> > This module makes none, since it makes no version comparisons.  I'd expect
> > that most applications would interpret the version-less forms of package and
> > dist as 'latest available', but that's up to those applications.
>
> Is that true?  If I ask for cpan://dist/Module-Faker, does it not canonicalize
> to the latest dist version?  While "latest package version" can be gotten from
> 02packages, "latest dist version" cannot.

Yes, it is true.  No conversion is done.

cpan://dist/Module-Faker refers to a specific resource, albeit an abstract one.
cpan://dist/Module-Faker/0.005 refers to a slightly less abstract one.

I don't see a reason to automatically convert the former to the latter; it's a
trade of information, not an upgrade.

hdp.