* Thomas Klausner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [2008-04-11T13:07:30]
> On Fri, Apr 11, 2008 at 03:10:05PM +0200, Dominique Quatravaux wrote:
> > On Fri, Apr 11, 2008 at 1:04 PM, Gabor Szabo <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > >  So if I am using Tk::Widget::A and Tk::Widget::B... Tk::Widget::Z all
> > >  provided by Tk.
> > >  Should I add all of them as prerequisite of my module or should I add
> > >  only Tk?
> >
> > I'd prefer for CPANTS to allow both. TIMTOWTDI.
>
> [ ... ]
>
> And besides that, the real problem isn't within CPANTS. It is prereq'ing
> stuff via some 'magic' (eg prereqing 'Catalyst::Runtime'), when you
> actually want Catalst::Request, Catalyst::Response, Catalyst::Action and
> the 20+ other things in the dist 'Catalyst::Runtime'

In general, listing everything is a good idea -- but there are cases where it
is just too much work right now.  For dists that contain dozens of modules, all
of which are very unlikely to ever be split up, it's not very interesting or
useful for an author to list everything he uses.  Tk and Catalyst are good
examples.

I don't see a really good way to automate this.

--
rjbs