On Apr 30, 2008, at 6:13 AM, David Golden wrote:
I'm seeing a sudden rush of "this is a perl blog" posts on
use.perl.org in some attempt to SEO Perl.

Heh, I thought about adding a tag line like "The source of perl programming" to each page on search.cpan.org to improve SEO

It would seem to me that the ideal way to get an "important" site to
link to Perl blogs would be for search.cpan.org to have a "blog" link
just like it has a "homepage" link.  Since people might have a blog
page different than their home page and since not everyone blogs at
use.perl.org, I think a "blogl URL" field should be added to PAUSE
user data and then added to search.cpan.org.

Seems like a good idea.

Just a thought.

Though as long as we're talking adding URLs, I wouldn't mind seeing a
"Repository" URL added -- and then I start thinking that maybe it's
time for the long-discussed idea of an "author.yml" file that lives in
a CPAN author's directory to specify all sorts of things of that type
(along with, say, CPAN Testers notification preferences).

I would not say that repository is a per-author data item, but a per- distribution. There is nothing to say that every distribution that an author works on is hosted at the same place. META.yml does have support for many resources, which could be shown on the search.cpan.org distribution page.

Graham.