* On Mon, Jul 14 2008, Paul LeoNerd Evans wrote:
> On Tue, 15 Jul 2008 00:44:12 +0100
> Paul LeoNerd Evans <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>>    SCALAR => do { \my $var },
>
> It seems I can make the SCALAR ref have refcount 1 by changing this to
>
>      SCALAR => do { my $var; \$var },
>
> Various initialisations {e.g my $var = 1} also keep it happy.
>
> Just the CODE and GLOB to go then...

Hmm, it might be a good idea to ask about this on p5p.  It would be good
to get this right Once And For All and make it really easy to use.
Memory cycles are the most common cause of memory leaks in Perl, and
they're really easy to fix once you know about them.  So a module that
makes them easy to find would be very good for everyone :)

Thanks for your work so far ;)

Regards,
Jonathan Rockway