Seems like a reasonable idea. I might just suggest a small change in
the phrasing. Something along the lines of "I do this out of interest
and spare time. However, my time is limited since I have a job
(/jobs?) and thus, donating will help me spare more time to work on
this. If you use this and find it useful and would like to donate to
help me develop it and/or would like to show appreciation - you're
more than welcome to donate."

Those short and to the point sentences always seem to get me.

Good luck, anyway!