Moving query from different mailing list...

Philip A. Prindeville wrote:
Howdy.

I was speaking to the owner of this module (Dave Plonka) and he's ok with me assuming (co)ownership (that's on a separate thread).

I've looked at a couple of bugs that have been making the package not behave as it should (these are day-1 bugs):

In both cases, the software doesn't behave as one would reasonably expect it to according to how the API is defined.

The current release is 1.014, and it came out 3+ years ago.

I can either bump the release to 1.015, but then I'd need to add mechanism to the import list to say "yes, I'm aware of the new behavior that comes with this release and I'm ok with it...", or else do a major version bump to 2.000 as a way of warning people that things might have changed.

Is there a preferred way to handle this scenario?

Thanks,

-Philip