# from David Golden
# on Friday 13 February 2009 20:29:

>> I really wish there were some sort of standard process drafted that
>> would allow CPAN module developers to take over maintainership of
>> another (abandoned) module. Perhaps there is, and I'm just not aware
>> of it yet?
>
>There is -- it's just kind of buried on PAUSE:
>
> https://pause.perl.org/pause/authenquery?ACTION=pause_04about#takeover

aka:  http://www.cpan.org/modules/04pause.html

And comes up well enough in a web search for "take over cpan module".

I understand that the step 5  "Wait for *at least* several weeks." is
the hard one.  You can always ship an alpha, but it will only install
via the full $YOURPAUSEID/$DistName-$version.tar.gz path.

--Eric
--
But you can never get 3n from n, ever, and if you think you can, please
email me the stock ticker of your company so I can short it.