# from Jonathan Leto
# on Monday 21 September 2009 12:15:

>It looks like the toolchain does not like the fact that I am using
>MooseX::Declare in my Net::Topsy module [0]. It also had a hard time
>figuring out my version number, until I hard-coded it in Build.PL .

That's Module::Build::ModuleInfo.  It doesn't know about this 'class'
keyword and therefore doesn't see a package or version for Net::Topsy.

>Currently, META.yml does not show any modules that are written in
>MooseX::Declare.

Yeah.  You'll want some 'provides' data in META.yml for PAUSE.  Or else
you'll get this stuff:

>Nothing in this distro has been
>                    indexed, because according to META.yml this
>                    package does not provide any modules.

Hard to say what you should do about it.  M::B::ModuleInfo is a very
basic static parser (and has to run on the install target -- not just
the developer machine, so e.g. PPI isn't an easy option.)

You could write your 'provides' data (like you do your version) manually
in the Build.PL (I *think* that works -- maybe involving meta_merge).

Or maybe write me that moose compiler I want, then you can use it to do
some introspection and save-out some bit of data which gets slurped
into the M::B->new() call.

--Eric
--
"I've often gotten the feeling that the only people who have learned
from computer assisted instruction are the authors."