I'm having a few test FAILs lately on IO::Async, all due to boundary
cases of timing, for example

  http://www.nntp.perl.org/group/perl.cpan.testers/2009/10/msg5585418.html

I suspect this is simply due to heavier-than-normal machine load on the
testing box, causing the program to be somewhat delayed in its
normally-precise timing.

I'm planning just to add an testing primitive to the internal testing
library, something like

  test_time_about sub { ... }, 2.5;

to check that the code takes "about" 2.5 seconds. This would probably
assert it's at least half that, no more than double + 1 second, or
something of that nature.

Before I think about this though; does anyone have any better
suggestions? Are there other modules around with timing-sensitive tests?
How do they cope with variable load on the test boxes?

--
Paul "LeoNerd" Evans

leon...@leonerd.org.uk
ICQ# 4135350       |  Registered Linux# 179460
http://www.leonerd.org.uk/