Aristotle Pagaltzis wrote:
* Ryan Voots <simcop2...@yahoo.com> [2009-11-09 15:20]:
I Thought the typical convention was to try to find some other
root namespace to put things in rather than making yet another
one?

No one browses CPAN by namespace any more, so it hardly matters.

Ahem. Just because it's deliberately made difficult to do so doesn't mean that no one does it.

In particular the Math and Algorithm namespaces are something I browse through often, and I
doubt that I'm the only one.

Whereas I find the trend toward cutesy names problematic. Because
ultimately what matters is that things be findable by sticking
the obvious keywords into search.cpan.org. Github::Fork::Parent
is quite acceptable by that criterion.

Regards,

   -john