Gabor Szabo wrote:
> Hi,
>
> For a long time I have not touched the CPAN::Forum web site but as a
> new years resolution I started to work on it again.
>
> So far most of the changes were internal
> - switched to new server
> - switched to PostgreSQL
> - moved to mod_perl
> - e-mails are sent in asynchronous mode
>
> All this made the web site a lot faster
>
> Also
>
> - the templating system was switched to Template::Toolkit
> - the version control to git
> - many tests were added
>
> Some more cleanup and I can start to add features.
>
> I'll have some time in the coming 2-3 months to improve the
> forum and provide a much better platform to support the module authors.
>
> So here is the reason I am writing.
>
> I'd like to ask the module authors to
> 1) Check if there are unanswered questions related to your modules and
> try to answer them
> 2) Let me know what are the features that might help you the most?
>
> You can see all the post regarding all the distributions you uploaded
> to CPAN. e.g. for me this is the link: http://cpanforum.com/author/SZABGAB
>

> thanks
>    Gabor
>    http://cpanforum.com/

Your email prompted me to look at the forums for the modules I maintain
and contribute to. Interestingly they all go to
http://cpanforum.com/dist/XXX except DBD::ODBC which goes to
http://dbi.perl.org/. I presume that is because I added:

resources:
  license: http://dev.perl.org/licenses/
  bugtracker: http://rt.cpan.org/Public/Dist/Display.html?Name=DBD-ODBC
  repository: http://svn.perl.org/modules/dbd-odbc

to the META.yml file in DBD::ODBC. I had not realised it changed the
forum on cpan - perhaps others might not either. I'm now not sure if I
prefer it that way or not. There are a lot more people on the dbi-users
and dbi-dev lists than subscribed to the DBD::ODBC cpan forum but then
you have to subscribe separately to those.

Martin
--
Martin J. Evans
Easysoft Limited