On Tue, Mar 09, 2010 at 07:33:16AM -0500, David Golden wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 9, 2010 at 7:56 AM, Foo Bar <f...@bar.com> wrote:
> > Unfortunately that doesn't helpt with
> > ==> Auto-install the 1 optional module(s) from CPAN? [y]
> Correct.  That's generally the "fault" of authors using
> Module::Install with Module::AutoInstall trying to be "helpful".

This bug can be made to go away using distro-prefs.  There's an example
file distributed with CPAN.pm:
  http://cpansearch.perl.org/src/ANDK/CPAN-1.9402/distroprefs/MI.yml

Distroprefs are awesome, everyone should know about them:

http://search.cpan.org/~andk/CPAN-1.9402/lib/CPAN.pm#Configuration_for_individual_distributions_(Distroprefs)

Despite the warning about them being beta quality, I find them to work
just fine.

--
David Cantrell | Godless Liberal Elitist

  Your call is important to me.  To see if it's important to
  you I'm going to make you wait on hold for five minutes.
  All calls are recorded for blackmail and amusement purposes.