On Thursday 27 May 2010 16:44:58 Matt Grimm wrote:
> The question is, how do I go about "retiring" one module on CPAN once
> the merge is complete? I suppose the safest route might be to add a
> big comment at the top of the retired module's Pod to indicate that it
> is no longer maintained and users should start using the other module.

That would seem to make sense.

Depending on how similar the modules are, you might be able to release a
skeleton YAML::AppConfig as a wrapper using Config::YAML to do the actual
work, so that people already using YAML::AppConfig don't find their code
suddenly breaking.

That may be overkill though, and simply leaving the existing code (assuming it
works well enough at the moment) with a "this is now deprecated, use
Config::YAML which is actively developed" may be sufficient.

--
David Precious <dav...@preshweb.co.uk>
http://blog.preshweb.co.uk/    www.preshweb.co.uk/twitter

  "Programming is like sex. One mistake and you have to support
  it for the rest of your life". (Michael Sinz)