On Wed, Aug 18, 2010 at 06:05:57PM -0400, Jonathan Yu wrote:

> I'm no C expert by any means, but the wise folks at #debian-devel have
> mentioned that C99 is very portable, and even POSIX extensions are
> "mostly portable" -- I guess it all depends if portability is more
> important than your time. Sometimes features aren't that hard to
> reimplement yourself, sometimes, you just wouldn't want to...

Some C99-capable compilers will only do C99 if invoked in some special
way.  Admittedly, the only one I know of that is that stupid is SGI's
MIPSpro (you have to invoke it as c99 or cc -c99, otherwise it bitches
about "you tried to use something from C99 but didn't tell me in
advance, lalalalalalala") so you may choose not to care.

Note to self: patch the irix hints file to make perl build with c99 by
default

--
David Cantrell | even more awesome than a panda-fur coat

Aluminum makes a nice hat.
All paranoids will tell you that.
But what most do not know
Is reflections will show