I'm working on a set of modules which implement various DMTF standards.  Mostly
they are alphabet soup, but my proposal for the module names is:

DMTF::CIM - Working with a DSP0004 CIM (Common Information Model) object model
DMTF::WSMan -The WS-Management protocol (DSP0226)
DMTF::CIM::MOF -MOF (Managed Object Format) parser (format defined in DSP0004)
DMTF::CIM::WSMan - Maps WSMan traffic to CIM data (DSP0227 and DSP0230)
DMTF::SMME -SM ME (DSP0215) UFiP expansion

Most of these modules are currently fairly light, but have room for growth and
are interrelated and interdependent.  I initially considered a more abstract
top-level namespace such as "Management" but that would make the association
between the WSMan and CIM modules unobvious and already existing things such as
SNMP:* and Net::SNMP are already in separate namespaces.  These module names
are a bit of an alphabet soup, but most pass the "Google Test" and are obvious
to people who would want to make use of the standards.

Future modules which are but a glint in my eye:
DMTF::ASF - Module for working with ASF (Alert Standard Format) traffic
(DSP0114)
DMTF::ASF::RMCP -RMCP (Remote Management and Control Protocol) protocol
(defined in DSP0114)
DMTF::ASF:: PET - PET (Platform Event Trap) protocol (per DSP0114, defined by
Intel)
DMTF::CIMXML - The CIM-XML protocol (Defined in DSP0200)
DMTF::CIM::CIMXML - Maps CIM-XML traffic to CIM data (DSP0201)

The module naming doc makes it relatively clear that grabbing a top-level
namespace without discussion is frowned upon, so I want to get this discussion
rolling.

Stephen Hurd
Senior Staff Engineer - Software Development
Broadcom Corporation
949-926-8039
sh...@broadcom.com<mailto:sh...@broadcom.com>