Le jeudi 10 janvier 2013 19:34:51, yan...@babyl.dyndns.org a écrit :
>         So, yeah, I've embraced the per-dist version, and
> have lived happily ever after...

Well, if you look at that diff [1] provided by CPAN, knowing that only *one*
file was really changed, you'll see a big drawback of this practice.

As Debian packager or Perl modules, I also have similar issues: when I want to
evaluate the changes brought by a new version of a Perl module, debdiff will
report similar cruft.

As Perl module developer, I'm guilty as charged: I haven't found a practical
way to change $VERSION when a file has actually changed :-/

HTH

Dominique

[1] http://search.cpan.org/diff?from=Config-Model-2.028&to=Config-Model-2.029