I found the same thing when I searched CPAN. I didn't think
"Mock::Net::Ping" was unreasonable but I also wanted to know if there was a
preferred way of naming Mock modules that I had missed.  I'm not sure how
posting the module or POD would help since it is exactly as I described,
it's pretty basic and only overrides Net::Ping::ping. I'll just upload it
to PAUSE and if a better name comes out later I can always remove it and
upload it again under the new name.

Thanks,
Matt

P.S. Best of luck figuring out what you are trying to achieve. I went with
a simple override of the method in question which may or may not work for
you.

On Tue, Aug 5, 2014 at 8:27 PM, David Christensen <dpchr...@holgerdanske.com