On Wed, Aug 27, 2014 at 09:17:19AM +0200, Jonas Brømsø Nielsen wrote:
> So my question as a module author is, where do I get information on this new
> behaviour of UNIVERSAL, I am not able to install perl 5.21.2 using perlbrew,
> so I do not know where to look for the documentation and what steps to take
> to get this error addressed.
>
> Can anybody provide hints or pointers on how to get more information on this
> new version of UNIVERSAL.

The latest development release of perl is here:
https://metacpan.org/release/PCM/perl-5.21.3

And the perldeltas for the recent releases are:

5.21.3: https://metacpan.org/pod/release/PCM/perl-5.21.3/pod/perldelta.pod
5.21.2: https://metacpan.org/pod/release/PCM/perl-5.21.3/pod/perl5212delta.pod
5.21.1: https://metacpan.org/pod/release/PCM/perl-5.21.3/pod/perl5211delta.pod
5.21.0: https://metacpan.org/pod/release/PCM/perl-5.21.3/pod/perl5210delta.pod

..but as others have said, you don't 'use UNIVERSAL' directly - in fact the
word 'UNIVERSAL' should never have to appear in your code.  The subs on the
UNIVERSAL class are available to your class already, as it is the
granddaddy of all classes.  just do $class->isa, $obj->isa etc.