* John Macdonald <john.macdon...@oicr.on.ca> [2015-06-08 21:05]:
> We rebuild our environment very night, including downloading all cpan
> modules anew (automatically getting the latest one if it has been
> updated). So, if anyone else has a similar environment and does
> a similar autofetch, then they would be impacted (although in such
> cases, they would probably already have converted to the renamed new
> module).

Note that modules exist on forever on BackPAN. “Deleted” modules are
only slightly less easy to download than non-deleted ones. The main
effect of deletion is to de-index the tarball in question, making it
nearly impossible to find unless you go looking for it specifically.

(Though this is a little less true now with metacpan.org, which lists
BackPAN releases of a distribution alongside the ones still on PAUSE.
Only once every release of a distribution is deleted off PAUSE does it
become unlikely to be found by undirected search.)