On Sun, Oct 25, 2015 at 10:16:02AM -0400, Shawn H Corey wrote:

> If it's not a requirement, then people are going to get sloppy with it,
> meaning sometimes it will break other people's code.

Supporting everything for ever is a recipe for Pain. I'd be happy for it
to be officially deprecated, for authors to be notified, for tools to
later start warning that it exists, and for support to be removed in a
few years.

You may now start misinterpreting what I just
wrote, and attacking that misinterpretation.