Hi Buddy,

> After I uploaded my new module Date::Easy a while back, I got a failure
> notice from PAUSE:

I only just noticed your email. PAUSE-related issues are better raised to
modu...@perl.org <mailto:modu...@perl.org>, or you can send to both modules@
and module-authors.

>> This distribution name can only be used by users with permission for the
>> package Date::Easy, which you do not have. No modules will be indexed.
>
> Of course, I had checked for that prior to uploading, but perhaps I'm looking
> in the wrong place.  My understanding was that the permissions would be
> listed here:
>
>       http://www.cpan.org/modules/06perms.txt
>
> but I don't see Date::Easy listed there.  Is there somewhere else I should be
> looking?

I *think* that the problem is this line in your META.json file:

        "provides" : {},

If you include a “provides” section in your dist’s metadate, then PAUSE will
take that as the definitive list of packages in your dist, and won’t look at
the code.

And PAUSE now requires that a dist includes a package where the name matches
the dist name (ie dist Date-Easy should have a module Date::Easy), but there
wasn’t such a module listed in “provides”, hence the warning.

I’ll raise a ticket on PAUSE, as I think it could be more helpful when the
provides block is empty.

Cheers,
Neil