I may need to contact Ewan Birney for that info.  Thanks Karen, that helps.

Chris

On Jun 2, 2016, at 10:49 AM, Karen Etheridge

> I'm not aware of any "group" functionality to allow multiple users to
share a "group" ID, other than just sharing the password for that PAUSE
ID, which is of course suboptimal.

There are a few IDs where the credentials are shared, to mark ownership over
modules that transcend an individual: e.g. MONGODB and MAXMIND. There is also
the P5P id whose credentials are held by the current pumpking, for managing the
release of dual-life modules.  There are, however, no separate rules in the
PAUSE database for the management of these IDs -- the credentials are simply
passed among the people who need to use them, as decided by whoever made the
original registration.

On Thu, Jun 2, 2016 at 4:53 AM, David Precious
<dav...@preshweb.co.uk<mailto:dav...@preshweb.co.uk>> wrote:
On Fri, 27 May 2016 21:43:03 +0000
"Fields, Christopher J" <cjfie...@illinois.edu<mailto:cjfie...@illinois.edu>>
wrote:

> The Bioperl devs have been using BIOPERLML as an ‘umbrella’ group ID
> for making releases.  We would like to add a few new devs to this for
> making future releases if possible; is there an easy way to go about
> this?  Or even better, are there other mechanisms where we can do
> this on our own (e.g. should we maybe set up a new PAUSE ID with an
> associated email for managing this on our end)?

Each PAUSE ID is for an individual user, as far as I'm aware.

If you want to avoid sharing the credentials for that one PAUSE ID
among several people (sensible) then you should have each person get
their own PAUSE ID, then log in to PAUSE as BIOPERLML and assign
them co-maint permissions on each namespace they'd need to be able to
make releases for:

https://pause.perl.org/pause/authenquery?ACTION=share_perms<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__pause.perl.org_pause_authenquery-3FACTION-3Dshare-5Fperms&d=CwMFaQ&c=8hUWFZcy2Z-Za5rBPlktOQ&r=fbHa8Njtvh9VmSnzJxiEUTW9NWDwMMwQAzhgZDO41GQ&m=OSu7jW4fyTwqNcDQoPqWwTIUY6okCdTJNadW198yneo&s=Po5PP592lonrrFKPfGuMXszGEgUWugrDTiRzzfFfINA&e=>

That way, each person is accountable for each release they distribute
to CPAN.

I'm not aware of any "group" functionality to allow multiple users to
share a "group" ID, other than just sharing the password for that PAUSE
ID, which is of course suboptimal.

Cheers

Dave P