Hi Karen,

On Mon, Nov 21, 2016 at 7:59 PM, Karen Etheridge <p...@froods.org> wrote:

> What is the big deal in having to log in again? If you save your
> credentials in your browser, it's literally just one more click.

The problem is that in order to improve the security of my passwords, I
keep them all encrypted using a master password. Firefox has a built-in
feature for that and, if you don't set a master passwords then the
passwords are stored using a relatively easy-to-reverse process which every
process on the local system can use (or at least those running as the local
user). There's some old discussion of it here:

http://catb.org/~esr/writings/cathedral-bazaar/cathedral-bazaar/ar01s09.html

Since my firefox password is non-trivial, entering it to fill in the
rt.cpan.org password whenever I restart firefox, restart my
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/X_Window_System or restart the machine (for a
new kernel, glibc, etc.) is quite a hassle. What will make my life more
tolerable would be a browser add-on that will allow me to keep the
rt.cpan.org password (and only that) unencrypted (as I already have it in
"~/.pause" anyway).

> I'd like to thank the RT admins in providing this service free to the Perl
> community; it is really awesome that a bug queue is created automatically
> for every distribution without the authors having to do a single thing to
> set it up.

I'd like to thank them too, but having to login time and again is still a
fly in the ointment.

Regards,

-- Shlomi Fish