Hi Dan,

Thanks for the quick reply!

Dan Book <gri...@gmail.com> writes:

> It's a fine list for that purpose. You may also seek feedback on
> https://perldoc.perl.org/perlcommunity#IRC or
> https://www.reddit.com/r/perl/.

Ok, thanks.

> The name and design seem fine to me. Just beware providing so many
> options for doing the same thing that you'll have to support them all
> (common mistake of the "DWIM era" of CPAN), sometimes it is better to
> keep things simple and only add alternative options once they are
> useful.

I didn't think about that. Perhaps I should only keep the object
interface then. After all, people can write their own subroutines if
they really need to. Thanks for the advice.

> Also make sure you are aware that CPAN distributions must be packaged
> a specific way. The first few sections of
> https://metacpan.org/pod/Dist::Zilla::Starter go over this and some
> modern options for authoring (you don't have to use Dist::Zilla unless
> it fits your approach). http://tynovsky.github.io/cpan-tutorials/ also
> lays out a quick guide to authoring with Minilla.

Actually, I'm already using Dist::Zilla for my module. I also wrote a
plugin bundle for Dist::Zilla and Pod::Weaver
(Dist::Zilla::PluginBundle::Author::ASDAGO and
Pod::Weaver::PluginBundle::Author::ASDAGO). I haven't released them yet,
but I will at the same time as my module.

Thanks,
Asher

--
Early to rise, early to bed, makes a man healthy, wealthy and dead.
                -- Terry Pratchett, "The Light Fantastic"

GPG fingerprint: 38F3 975C D173 4037 B397  8095 D4C9 C4FC 5460 8E68