So,

On Wed, Aug 19, 2026 at 12:31:11PM +0200, Wouter Verhelst wrote:
> I wrote a gitlab "component" that will help you build a CI/CD pipeline
> for your perl code.

If anyone actually tried it out before last week, they would have
noticed it didn't work :-/

This wasn't because I didn't test it; I wrote it originally about a year
ago, noticed it worked locally but not when included from another git
repository (which is the whole point of it), found that this was due to
some documented but unexpected misfeatures of gitlab, put it aside, and
forgot the details of why it didn't work.

I picked it up again late last month, thought I remembered all the
issues correctly and that I had been using it already (which was wrong),
fixed the issues that I remembered, and then made this announcement.

Anyway, the issues that I encountered are now fixed. If you want to see
it in action, the pipeline at
https://salsa.debian.org/wouter/media-convert/-/pipelines/1170096
includes the component. Only the "generate:trigger:perl" and
"trigger:child:perl" bits are from the component, along with the
downstream pipelines created by the trigger:child:perl jobs; the other
things are Debian packaging-related jobs that aren't relevant for a perl
module that doesn't have any Debian packaging.

Hope this helps anyone...

-- 
"I never had a C in history!"
"Yeah, but there was so much less of it when you were my age!"
 -- Joe Brockmeier recounting a conversation with his father, cfgmgmtcamp 2026, 
Ghent

Reply via email to