Drew Bertola wrote:
Again, makes me wish for a null output filter example.
Try this link - it was written about 6 years ago, but still applies. It's a Ryan Bloom article (he was one of the APR developers). The link :

http://www.serverwatch.com/news/article.php/1127731

My understanding is that it would need this:

- create context if it doesn't already exist.
Only if you are going to use it.
- loop through buckets (from FIRST to SENTINEL) in brigade passed to
filter appending each bucket to my context's brigade.
Yes.
- pass my brigade to next filter.
Yes.  (If they are not passed, you will not get that data).

[snip]

- do I need to look out for APR_BUCKET_IS_EOS or APR_BUCKET_IS_FLUSH or
are they implicit before APR_BRIGADE_IS_SENTINEL?
Watch for them..
- do I need to use ap_pass_brigade()? I've used it here before returning.
Yes. When done, always pass a brigade, whether it is a new one or the original brigade (modified or not).

Joe