I should have had my morning coffee before submitting this *wink*

David Wortham wrote:
Anique,
  I'm a little confused by your question.

  AFAIK, HTTP headers end in a newline which seperates them from the next
line of the header. You don't _have_ to respond to the full URI in the
GET/POST/etc header line.  Your module can modify the incoming request or
your module can do something like what mod_rewrite does and match only part
of the request URI (by using a partial-line Regular Expression). Or did you
mean something completely different when you asked "Is there anyway of
accepting requests which end in anything other than a newline"?

I don't think it's pertinant to answering your question, but I also don't
understand what you mean when you say your module "accept[s] requests from a
3rd party".  Don't all Apache requests respond to the same third party that
initiated the request?
We are integrating a credit card POS machine (which is what I meant by 3rd party) with an Apache server that does the request handling so we are trying to write an Apache module that handles requests from the POS device. The device sends a string terminating with a checksum and NOT a newline character. So, we are not using any headers etc just a request string, if that makes sense?

Dave