On 23/05/07, Ralf Mattes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On Wed, 2007-05-23 at 09:24 +1000, Graham Dumpleton wrote:
> On 23/05/07, César Leonardo Blum Silveira <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Hello all,
> >
> > I have some questions about handling data within modules. I will try
> > to be as clear as possible.
> >
> > 1) Each module is loaded once per server, right?
>
> Yes, although there is a bit more to it than that when you consider restarts.

Strange - i thought modules wuold be loaded _twice_ (once to enshure
configuration consitency and once to use them ...)

Strictly speaking it is more complicated that my simple answer
indicates and I in part tried to suggest that there was more to it
than that. The main thrust of my simple answers was to make clear that
the loading occurs in the main Apache process and doesn't happen again
in the child processes but that they inherit the loaded module. But
then, even this isn't strictly true on Windows and only applies to
UNIX.

To really understand it all properly that is where the referenced
documentation is good to read. It is easier to point people to that
than spend a long time in mail trying to explain all the twists and
turns. :-)

Graham